15 January 2008

Not Clear: Logical

Elijah using a compass; if you don't know what that is: look it up.





There exists a logical side to us all. Now, I know that some people hate math, while others may wonder how Math is related to logic. Math in itself is logical, and as so factual, and completely built off of the laws of this world. God created this world, I have no doubt of that fact. Not five minutes ago I had a visit from two of the "elders" from the Church of Latter Day Saints, in other words, Mormons. I know that this day in age we are all so politically correct, and we don't want to judge people, and we don't want to give offense. Let me tell you that I would rather be concerned with offending God than offending a person, not to mention they aren't a violent group of people so it is ussually safe. I am sorry, that was a bad joke.

I have a hard time to relate these kids who come a-calling (do they have anyone in their congregation over the age of 30?). They state that their hearts tell them that the book of Mormon is true, but I know from fact that it isn't. Face it, I am a logical, mathematical person, if it doesn't make sense: it isn't real. I am also one of those ladies blessed with a tongue that speaks my mind, not ussually a good thing, and I apologize in advance to all of you that are already put out. The fact is that the Bible makes more sense than anything else in this life, it is consistent with itself, and no matter how many times people try to disprove it, they always end of failing and in the end defending that which they started out to disprove.

The struggle that I have is that I don't know what to say to these young men that would make them rethink their religion and turn to Jesus. I told them today that "I am a logical person, and I don't trust my heart to tell me anything factual, my heart tells me emotions, which are not always true." All they can tell me is that they believe because they feel in their heart that the book of mormon is true. All I can think of when I hear that statement is the verse in Jeremiah that says, "The heart is more deceitful than all else, and is desperately sick; Who can understand it?". Alas! I have no idea what to do with them. How do you convert a person who keeps repeating themself, because they weren't trained on how to convert a bible believing Christian woman who speaks her mind and is logical to boot.

It is rather interesting that they came today, because on Sunday Pastor Sam was talking about Jacob when God first spoke to him in Bethel and how he was terrified. Pastor Sam stated that their was not a single person in the bible who was confronted by God and not terrified. So I ask myself, Joseph Smith, a teenager with a criminal record, wasn't reported as being terrified, what does that mean? Logic again would conclude that he didn't really speak to God.

Needless to say, I scared those boys away, quite by accident I asure you. But I will pray for them; that their mind would again take control of their body. At the very least I must admonish them for their efforts to reach the lost people of this world, after all that is how the preachers converted the families during the Great Awakening: through the moms at home with their children. Now only if they had the right message...

Praying for the lost,

No comments: