20 January 2008

The Joys of Being a Homeowner

The Chiquita Banana Baby!



Like many homeowners our Saturday was filled with projects around the house. Considering that we built our house ourselves we don't mind these types of projects. Although, part of me wishes that the house had waited to be finished before projects emerged. Anyway, sometime last summer the bathtub started to leak. Being the conservative minded people that we are; we got to it straight away, that is, within a year. It is now winter, which I am convinced was created by God to keep the husbands inside the home long enough to fix things like leaky faucets, and as a result Tyler and Elijah (who is now old enough to help) fixed the bathtub. I am very thankful to not be hearing that constant drip drip drip... of the tub whenever I walk into the bathroom (although it did help one to pee).



On a side note we currently have two projects in the woodworking shop going. Tyler and I set out last weekend to build a chest that would hold the geotrax and double as an end table. Yesterday, I was able to get the sides installed on the box, and Tyler will be working on the top tomorrow. The second project is a desk that I designed when we first moved into the house. I now have part of the frame built and should have the whole frame done soon. I am currently looking for ideas on what to do for the desktop, so speak up and let me know what you think. Below is a picture of the desk so far.




Everyone does their part in the Smith house, below Josiah takes a break from his pursuit of art to pray for the tub situation, among other things.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Lori, your boys are so photogenic and adorable! Keep posting all the great pics!