12 January 2008

Fun in a Bag...



There exists no doubt in my mind that children love the simple things in life. I am so thrilled to see my child discover something new, even if it is just a bag. I often wonder at how we look at our children in relationship to how God looks at His. Does He look at us discovering a snow clad hill just right for sledding; does he smile and think "Wait until you see what I have up here"? much the same way that we look at our children discover a hole in the ground and think, "wait until you see what's inside."Just remember that these simple things in life are part of what God created for us to discover and enjoy. Maybe just something to keep us busy and thinking about Him until we are taken up to see what He has for us to discover somewhere beyond. The next time you see a bag you may contemplate what the equivalent item is in heaven, but isn't that all part of being heavenly minded?
Until next time: find joy in the little things, and see God through his creation.


I go to think of heavenly things...

5 comments:

Josie said...

Are you starting to use my formatting? It looks a lot like my formatting. So, are you? Those look like my ellipses.

Oh yeah, great post. I love the pictures.

Newton said...

I don't see a single ellipse?

Josie said...

ellipses (...) ellipsis is the singular -- not the math term (ellipse) Sorry for the confusion. You have the math ellipse, I have the literary ellipsis

Newton said...

Okay, Crazy Lady, I don't see a single Ellipsis.

Josie said...

Ellipsis...last line

And I quote...

"I go to think of heavenly things..."