05 July 2011

A Look Back


My focus has been set on the house; building, designing, and purchasing for.  This leaves room for little else, and thankfully I knew that would be the case. With this reality Tyler and I have tried, and continue to try, to plan at least one fun non-house related event per month.  June was an utter failure, but May was a complete and wonderful success.  Because we had not yet broken ground we planned on a weekend voyage to the beautiful and warm Connecticut.  We have cousins in Connecticut who offered to let the boys and I stay and visit while Tyler worked, and then we spent our Saturday going to Sturbridge village and coming home.  




 Overall, the trip was perfect.  I was able to get to know my cousins a little better and see how their large family operates. They are a wonderful family with many great children whom the boys had a blast playing with.  This was at a time when Maine weather was cold, wet, and muddy so spending a couple of days playing outside in a warm, sunny part of New England was a real treat.  


If you know me well enough I am sure you have images in your head of me following everyone around with my camera to capture our time with family, but alas you are wrong.  I didn't want my cousins to think that I was some sort of camera freak so I steered clear of it.  Although I did plan to take a few pics. I had nothing to worry about though, as soon as my cousin got home from work he took out his camera and took lots of pictures.  Apparently, we are fairly similar in that regard.  


I did, however, insist on getting some pics at Sturbridge village.  Mostly so that I could have a good reference to look at while attempting to design and build a historically accurate 1700's New England Colonial.  We had such a wonderful time visiting, learning, and just playing together while not being interrupted by house building demands.  Now all I have to do is come up with another great day trip to relieve us from the building in July. 


1 comment:

Crystal van A. said...

MA has "Free Fun Fridays" all summer. We are planning to go to the Franklin Park Zoo (south of Boston) this coming Friday. You are welcome to join us! :-)

We had a lot of fun with you when you visited and hope you come again. We would have been totally fine with a camera being in use! We are camera people too and the kids are comfortable with pictures being taken. Next time...