21 July 2011

Housebuilding: week 9


The last couple of times I have started my weekly updates I get caught up in the title.  I am torn between thoughts of "have we really been building the house for this many weeks already?" and " How many more weeks is this going to take?"  Obviously, building a house is a large project and will take many weeks to finally be finished.  We are even anticipating moving in before the house is completely finished, but then, as most homeowners know, a house is never finished!

This week has ben one of preparation.  Preparing for a chimney, and trusses is hard work.  The trusses alone require at least two men and a crane!  Can you believe that we had a crane at our house and I missed it?  


Here is the finished product as of the end of our preparation week.  Tune in next week to see the completed chimney, sheathing, and maybe even some roofing. 

No comments: