08 July 2011

Housebuilding : Week 6 & 7


I do so apologize for my lack of posting in regards to the house building process this past week, and to make it up to you I have combined week 6 and 7 together for you today.


Weeks 6 & 7 were full of anything and everything.  We have never had so many people working at the house at once.  We had crews of friends, family, and builders working, almost around the clock, to get the beams and tongue and groove flooring in for the second floor.  Because these items are exposed, and will remain to be, getting them in tight, and quick was a high priority.  We simply could not install half the beams only to have it rain for three days.  Timing was everything, and the procedure to install the blocks and floor boards was slow.


But, alas, thanks to a great many people and the Lord for holding back the rain, after a week and a half the second floor decking is completely finished and incredibly beautiful.  Every time I started to get frustrated with the time and money that this project cost us I would just look at the ceiling for my kitchen and smile.  I absolutely love it! 




Look at that Grass!!




1 comment:

Amanda said...

Looks great! The exposed floor is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in person.