06 June 2009

Sowing Season



Planting season is here! What exactly does that mean? Besides meaning that I am scrambling around making sure that the plants are all coming up and preparing for freezing strawberries and making jam, it also means that my time is limited to post. I must apologize for two things I suppose. 1. The lack of posting. For the summer months at least posting on the blog will be less than "normal"; 2. The lack of controversial topic. I know how much you all like it when I make you mad. 

Anyway, for this post I will keep it "light and fluffy" (kind of like eggs).  We have now planted all six of our fruit trees, along with 18 strawberry plants, 2 grape vines, and a bunch of veggies in the garden. I am praying that these plants flourish into many blessings for friends and family alike. 



Here you can see the strawberry plants in the foreground and the mac trees in the background. Do you not love my round hay bale that Ali's father gave to me? 



Here is the entrance area to the tree grove. The two trees on the side have some support for the grape vines that we want to train to grow into a sort of archway. I am delighted that this dream is coming to fruition (no pun intended), and am anxious to see what the Lord has next for us.

 


2 comments:

Grace to You said...

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it."
-Mahatma Gandhi

There's your controversy. :D

BTW, try not to take the quote too personally...I don't think he was referring to your gardening efforts. hehe

Charlotte said...

Pretty cool Lori! I wish I could plant like that, but my thumb fell off long ago because it is so black. Living creatures are my speciality, and I'm hoping our new puppy will flourish in our home. My three cats might not be as excited. :-)