22 May 2009

Carpenters at Work.



I am married to a man (I guess, you knew that considering I am a lady (ha!)) . Not to just any sort of man, though, a marvelous do-it-yourself building kind of man. A man who decides to build a shed by whipping out his tools; harvesting some lumber; and starting.  I love how go-get-em he is. I love this driven personality in my man.   Tyler is so perfect for me, he sees that our sink is leaking so he goes to the store, buys replacement parts, and fixes it.  He doesn't panic or call a professional he simply does it. I love that about him, and I love that he is teaching our boys to do that as well. The boys love helping Ty fix things in the house, and they love building. Elijah, Josiah, and Andrew were outside helping build this shed in every way. Eli moved the studs for me after they were cut, and all of the boys practiced their hammering ability on the floor and walls. I am anxious to have this wonderful shed built, but at the same time I love having it here for us all to work on together. 




Elijah is almost as good with a hammer as I am. He rarely misses and those long 16 penny nails have nothing compared to his hammer and strength.



Tyler and Eli raised these two walls without any help, actually they raised all four walls with brute strength alone.



This is what I see out of my window now: It represents a weekend of work, and some more to follow. 



Even the birds seem to enjoy the new structure, although someone should tell him he probably won't find any bugs in this wood.

1 comment:

Grace to You said...

Now it's my turn to twist your arm to post again already! :)