31 March 2008

Mud, Fish, Spring?



As I write this post it is snowing. What a crazy state that we all live in. I love the snow, but I admit I am ready for some warm weather and Spring. Here and there you can see hints of Spring just waiting to pop out: the mud that appears in my driveway; the beginning of fishing season tomorrow; daffodils in the store; and even the beginning of seedlings. Yet in all of this preparation for Spring we still have at least 3 feet of snow on the ground. As you anxiously await the season feel free to help it along with a few of my tips (I admit some are stolen from things my mom actually made us do as kids)

1. To help those huge plowed snow piles disappear get out a rake and some shovels and start spreading it around.

2. If you own one, use your blowdryer on all those areas of your yard the sun never seems to reach.

3. Use your portable space heater outside, or better yet crank your woodstove and open all of your windows and doors.

4. get out a shovel and dig the snow off of your flower beds and bushes to help the plants warm up earlier.

5. Finally, crank your speakers while playing Vivaldi's Spring portion of the Four Seasons, make sure the entire neighborhood can hear you.

Please feel free to use these suggestions anytime you would like. I have not protected them under law, but speaking of law if you get arrested while trying any of these, do NOT come running to me.
Enjoy your mud season everyone and feel free to add your own suggestions to my list.



Fish casting lessons off of the deck. By the time the ice melts and they actually go fishing Elijah will be a pro.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you Lori. Spring is in the air ( even with the snow days) and i am so ready for it. :)
Kay

Amanda said...

Hey Lori- thanks for all of the great snow-ridding advice. I'll have to try a few of them! I always look forward to your blog posts- especially the pictures of your boys. They are simply adorable. And you are a great commentator on life in general! I miss you! I'll have to come visit you as soon as the play is over!