05 March 2008

Snowtime Fun with Friends



I love the snow in Winter. That is, as long as the date is pre-March 21st I am happy if we have snow. Of course, I am also of the mindset that as soon as the first day of Spring comes the snow should be melting and be gone in no more than 2 weeks. Anyway, we have had a lot of fun in the snow this year, so much so, that I am reminded of the snow that we used to play in when I was a kid...



This past Saturday, during the snowstorm that dropped over a foot of snow on us, we went down the road with our friend John Stuart to hike Curtis Homestead. Curtis Homestead is a fun place to go because it is similar to our woods only the trails are wider and we don't know Curtis as well. It was snowing hard and anyone who might have seen us probably thought that we were crazy to go snowshoeing with three small boys, but we were all dressed appropriately, and the kids loved it.



During February break we went sliding down the cross hill with my friend Heather Finn and her two children Alyssa, and Alexis. We were having a great time until the girls went down and crashed at the bottom of the hill. By the time that we left the girls decided they didn't like sliding, Josiah decided he would rather walk than slide, Elijah decided that he loved sliding, and Heather and I decided that we couldn't stop laughing over the sight of the girls rolling over in a high speed snow crash. Just for the record, the girls are fine, it wasn't that bad of a wipeout, they are just young.



Heather and Alexis on top of the hill.


Alyssa going down the hill all by herself (this was before the crash)

I know that at this very moment it doesn't seem like the snow will ever go away, but deep in your heart you know that it will and you will miss it. I think that it has been a wonderful Winter, and I am thankful to God for giving us a "yes" answer to our prayers for snow this year. I pray that you are thankful as well...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I agree Lori- we have waited quite awhile for a nice winter like this and I'm thankful too!