20 March 2008

Happy Birthday Elijah!



On 18 March 2008 our oldest son Elijah turned 4. He is now an official preschooler. I don't really know what that means except that I should probably consider making his educational schedule more consistent and reliable. Other than that, life for Elijah is not much different from being three. He still has to put the silverware away, set the table, pick up his toys, and learn what being the big brother is all about. Little by little he seems to be grasping the idea that he is the oldest boy. His job is to watch, protect, and teach the younger boys about life in our home. I know that that is my job, but Elijah is learning it in a big brother sort of way; he is the protector of his siblings. That job will never change for him, because he will always be the oldest. Right now he seems so old to me I cannot imagine him being any older than what he is right now.

On Tuesday we had the grandparents over for dinner to celebrate Elijah being born. Here are some pictures of our fun night together opening gifts, eating tacos, and lots of chocolate cake!



Yummmm



Happy Birthday Elijah!

No comments: