14 April 2008

A Milestone Moment for Andrew!


A cookie may just be a cookie, but an oreo is the very best cookie of all*. In fact, one's first oreo is a stepping stone to adulthood, a right of passage, if you will, into the childhood beyond infancy. Alas, after 12 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, and 16 hours Andrew Tyler has come to this monumental time. He has not only eaten, but wore, dipped and smeared his very first oreo cookie. Gone are the days of bottled milk, and wheatless cookies. Here are the days of double stuffed morsels of chocolate dipped in the very rich beverage that God has blessed his people with, that's right, milk: pure and white, from a cow, the very envy of every infant around. I am sure that this will be the first of many more oreos in this household, for the Lord himself knows that not only the children, but the mother also, is addicted to these wonderful creations.




As you can see Josiah has had many oreos before.


Have yourself an Oreo day everyone!



* the term "all" is in reference to "all of the store bought cookies" , and in fact the very best cookie in the world cannot be bought in a store, but rather can be made by my very good friend... Alison Gervais.


4 comments:

Josie said...

what a cute kid. it's about time that he has delicious cookies. does that mean that now he can eat my cookies? *btw what a shameless plug for me to come over and bless you with your favorite cookies.

Amanda said...

All of a sudden I have an intense craving for oreo cookies! I think you should submit this to the magazines as an oreo ad!

Newton said...

I assure you Ali, that was not my intention, but don't let that stop you from coming to make me some yummy cookies.

About Christina said...

i wish i could eat cookies too...