24 April 2009

Yearly Firsts



Every year in Maine the Winter seems to last so long. I don't know about you, but I find myself wondering in mid to late Winter when I will see the grass again.  I feel as though I have forgotten how to leave the house without taking 20 minutes to put on coats, or how easy it is to not wear shoes.  So when Spring does arrive I start to get all excited for the first of everything. You know what I mean... The first cookout, fire, tractor ride through the woods.  I relish in hearing the first sound of the bees looking for delicious pollen, and the sounds of the birds and peepers.  Unlike last year Spring came right on time this year and we were able to celebrate the new life given to us by Christ's sacrifice alongside the sounds of life coming from Spring in our backyard.




The first picnic lunch on the deck. I love this because the boys eat well, get some good air, and don't make a mess of the house during lunch. Do you not love my new camping dishes? I want to use them everyday, but I have restrained myself and am only using them for eating outside at home and camping.



Joshua and Josiah at our first fire of the year. Below is the wonderful fire that Tyler built and Joshua maintained. I love having Josh over for a fire because he does such a good job keeping the fire nice and big.  Even if it supposed to be a "cooking" fire.  Hey I could cook on that...





After Andrew ate his hot dog and chips he proceeded to lick the plate clean. There is no better way to celebrate Spring than to have a wonderful fire, eat hot dogs off the grill and get mustard all over your face from licking your plate. Ahh... this is the life!

No comments: