13 April 2009

A 5 yr old's Humor, Logic, Bowling



As I am sure that you know, Tyler and I had the privilege of taking three wonderful boys bowling in a celebratory manner. I wanted to share with you some of the silliness that we were presented with.  First, after each ball bowled we had to witness some very interesting "victory" moves, and when not all of the pins were knocked down we were sympathized over.  By the time that we were ending I was tempted to share with our sympathetic companion that, although knocking over all of the pins is the objective of the game, 9 out of 10 isn't that bad of a score.


Jokes Told:
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side (why is this funny?)

Quirks Observed:
Ethan claps for himself.
Jed holds one position until the slow traveling ball finally reaches its destination.
Elijah continually ends up on the floor after releasing a ball.



Come to think of it they all routinely did all of these things. We received many high fives, clapped our hands, and were constantly wondering if they were hurt from throwing themselves on the floor yet one more time.


Yet, another Joke:
Why did the gum cross the road?
Because it was stuck to the chicken.


I laughed, I cried, it moved me Bob.  With all silliness aside; as we were heading towards the door to leave and the boys raced each other to our destination all I could think of was how great it was to be a part of this with them.  I am so blessed to have such wonderful little people in my life; each day just keeps getting sillier and sillier: I love it!

One more Joke for the road:
What do you call a crazy chicken?
A cuckoo!
(sometimes I feel like a crazy chicken, but I ain't no cuckoo)


1 comment:

Grace to You said...

5 year old boys - gotta love 'em! :)

Jed left out part of the last joke (I'm assuming it was Jed)...a crazy chicken is a cuckoo cluck.

My boy the comedian. :D