17 May 2012

Horrific

I make a huge assumption when I say this, but I do believe it to be true:  Nobody wants to read about someone else's bad experience on a blog.  So, with that little info bite I am going to share with you something horrific that happened to us this week.  However, I am going to make it very short and very vague, and am only sharing it so that I don't have to verbally let everyone that I know about it every time that I see them.  I guess I would rather put this behind me in the quickest way possible and try to learn and overcome this experience.  So, now you are probably wondering:  What happened already you freak lady? 



On Monday morning at 1:30 AM a raccoon, that is supposed to be rabid because of the appearance of porcupine quills on his nose, broke into our goat pen.  The end result is a hefty vet bill, a Dr. bill for Tyler and I, but especially Tyler as he now has to get a rabies vaccine, and a very sad houseful of people.  The CDC, animal control officer, and game warden all told us to not worry about the coon because it would probably die in a few days anyway.  But honestly, how can I not be jumpy now knowing what harm has already been afflicted to our family.  

If you pray to the great I AM, the God who both created the world and continues to hold it in His hand.  Please pray for our healing and that we can learn from this and move forward.  


P.S.  Amanda has a little nubian coming to join us in June, and we will have the shed completely coon proof by then, but unless we find another little Alpine to join her she is going to be stuck housing with a dog.  If you know of anyone who might have a little doe for sale please let me know.  Thank you.

1 comment:

From the Country Farm said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry.