30 November 2011

Thanksgiving


The turkey knocked out Matthias just as it does old men.


I realize that Thanksgiving has come and gone, but that is no reason for us to not continue to reflect on the Lord's blessings.  Especially as we journey closer to the celebration of the birth of His son.

Tyler and I started a new tradition on Thanksgiving this year.  Something that we hope to continue to do every year with our boys.  We started a thankfulness journal.  In this journal on Thanksgiving we write a list of events or memories that reflect that year and then we each state what we are thankful for.  I am excited that this journal is helping our boys to reflect on the Lord's blessings throughout the year instead of just in November, and also that as the years pass we can look in the journal to see how our family has grown.  


We went to Randy & Lisa's for Thanksgiving.  The sledding was great!

I thought that I would share this year's entry with you as I feel that it is simple and reflects how young the boys are.  I know that as they grow our entries in our journal will as well, both in thought and length.

24 November 2011
"Snow filled Thanksgiving"
2011 Recap

- winter skiing
- sold the ranch house - moved
- announcement of Matthias
- Easter on the lake
- Summer at Cochenewagon
- Tyler to Ghana
- House - building the colonial
- Popham beach
- visit to the van Achterbergs
- Sturbridge village
- birth of Matthias Brian
- move into house
- hiking Step falls


Doesn't Ansel look right at home here?

Tyler- " I am thankful for the birth of our fifth son, Matthias, whom fits so well into our wonderful family"

Eli - " I am thankful for days trips to Sturbridge, fairs, waterfalls, and wrestling with daddy."

Si - " I am thankful that we got to help build this house and that we got to move into this house.  And for the baby"

Drew - "that I have another birthday soon"

Caleb - "thankful that we got to go to a skiing place"

Lori - " I am thankful that the Lord gave our family the strength to endure a year of moving, pregnancy, living in a camp, building a house, labor, safe arrival of Matthias, and living in an unfinished house."

What's in  your thankfulness journal this year? 





1 comment:

Savories of life said...

Love the post. Do come and follow my blog.