02 August 2011

Humor


Everyone has a different sense of humor.  When I met Tyler he quoted monty python and talked about his family watching SNL together.  I, for one, found the idea of watching SNL repulsive.  The crude comments and rude skits always seemed like a pathetic attempt to make people laugh.  Obviously our sense of humor did not seem to match.  He loved the stupidity involved with Monty Python, Get Smart, and The Pink Panther.  I seem to prefer a drier humor.  What seems to be a bit odd to me is that regardless of our difference in this area not only did we get married, but I remember finding Tyler to be quite funny when we were dating.  His jokes and comments were very humorous to me, and they still are.





Now that we have been married for 10 years our sense of humor has seemed to meld into one.  Tyler's days of watching SNL ended long ago, and I have learned to appreciate some of the humor in the new Get Smart and Pink Panther movies.  I started thinking about this the other day when Tyler said something; I laughed, and he apologized for his dry humor!


A typical conversation between Tyler & Lori:

Tyler:  I like the name Ezekiel for the baby.  We could name him Ezekiel Onslow Smith.  EOS.  Then you could call him our little rebel.

Lori:  I don't think so.

Tyler: It would be great. We could tell him to "Man the Canon!!!"

Lori:  HAHAHA,  I don't think anyone else would understand that.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

hahaha that's great!

Amanda said...

That is hilarious!!!!

Grace to You said...

gotta love photog humor :D