23 July 2009

State Park Recreation



Please do not let the title confuse you. We are not recreating state parks; rather we are recreating in a State park. Hmmm, that doesn't seem correct as a written sentence. Do you not love the English language?

Anyway, Tyler's vacation this year started with a wonderful sunny day.  We took advantage of this and went to Range Pond State Park with our friends Sara, George, and Lily Colby.  Sara is one of my friends that I met while in College, and whom I had not seen in a while. By "in a while" I mean I had yet to meet her 2 yr old daughter, and, of our large brood, she had only met Elijah.  After many months of trying to actually get together again we were able to pull off a wonderful day at the beach together. 




We started our day by seeing Sara and George's home that they built themselves. It is a wonderful home, which unfortunately I didn't take pics of for you to see. Oh well, Sara probably wouldn't like me posting pics on the internet for all 3 of my blogger friends to see. Afterwards, we ventured onto Range Pond to enjoy the water and extensive playground. The boys had a great time playing with Lily, but I think the highlight of their trip was playing with daddy and George.  Of course, for me, I loved being able to visit with my long lost friend and hope to see her and her beautiful family again soon. 



No comments: