12 September 2008

Finally... A Hot Beach Day!



The Lord has been so good to us.  Not only does He provide everything that we need, but He provides it at the best time.  Every Spring I try to narrow my long list of desired trips down to two or three manageable destinations. This year, I chose one family camping trip, one hot day at the ocean, one good hike up Big Spencer Mountain, and one camping trip to camp Wesley. 

Needless to say that in Spring I do not know what the Summer will bring and, as you may know, our car died at the end of June.  During the month of July it seemed that we would not be able to do any of these trips. But alas, God is good: Not only did he provide us with a vehicle, but He also gave it to us in time to enjoy a couple of the things on my list. We have been able to do the family camping trip; we made it to the base of Big Spencer Mountain; Tyler and Eli did a camp Wesley trip with Randy; and last week Tyler, Elijah and I fit in a hot morning at the ocean.  Even though we didn't get to do these four things according to my plans, we were able to do them according to God's plans and for that, I am thankful.




Tyler and Elijah setting off for a kayak ride around the rocks of Reid State Park. 



Like every other boy, young and old, on the beach, Elijah had to build something when he found these large pieces of driftwood just laying around.



Just look at how proud he is of his creation!

No comments: