03 September 2008

A Day at Home with Miss Amanda


There are few people in this world that my boys love more than their Auntie Ali and Miss Amanda. These ladies have this incredible gift with children, and the Smith boys are no exception. When either of these ladies walks into the house my boys tend to look at me as dull (which I am) and go right to their visitor as if to say "okay mom you can go now".  I have always thought that it might have had something to do with what they did with the kids for fun, but now I know that it is just because these ladies have such an imagination that a normal morning for the boys is transformed into an adventure.  Let me show you what I mean: Last Thursday Amanda watched the boys, and she was kind enough to document it for us. 


Sneaking  up on our cat is not only discouraged around here (normally), but it can also be dangerous. With Miss Amanda though, it is a fun adventure and no one gets hurt. I don't know how she can pull that one off. 



Now she's got them creating their own dance props and dancing to who knows what type of music. Oh I sure hope it isn't any of that Petra stuff. 



Playing with lunch is something that happens everyday when you have three young boys.  Amanda is so kind as to help mold their creative techniques that PBJ's almost become a form of art in themselves. 



Obviously, Ethan is not quite used to a typical morning at the Smith house, or all of these click happy picture taking people.  Who is that camera guy anyway?

The moral of the story is this... If you want a really great babysitter who not only feeds your kids, but plays with them, dances with them and documents it all, then pick Amanda Chick. But if you are going to go getting all strict on her and try to get her to follow your rules then forget it: She could never give up her music. 

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Haha! You found the pictures! I forgot to tell you that I took some. You're boys are just so darn cute and photographable. I absolutely LOVE THEM! Oh and by the way, the music we listened to wasn't Petra, it was Megadeath!!

Newton said...

HAHAHA You have made me laugh! Thank you for taking great pics and watching the boys, even if you did let them listen to uncivilized music.

Anonymous said...

And you wondered why your potted ivy plant died....