01 August 2008

The Lord is Good to All


So many people quote Romans when they are in despair. You know the verse that I am talking about: "For the Lord causes all things to work together for the good of those who love Him". 





I often wonder, though, if they leave off that last part in their mind.  I have heard non-christians bring that verse up when they are going through tough times. They look at me and ask: what kind of good can come of this? Well, I wonder what makes them think that God will cause everything that hits them to work towards their good if they aren't willing to love Him and serve Him with their lives. I am a blunt person, and I have been reminded that I would make a horrible President because I am too straightforward; to be frank, I don't care what you think. Truth is truth, there is only one.

Of course, that verse applies to the people that love God and it would be painful to confront that fact to a non-christian during a crisis.  Even I would shy from doing that, but there is nothing wrong with talking to them about it when doing so wouldn't result in a severed relationship.  This is a great verse, nonetheless, because it does apply to those that love God. So now whenever I am struggling I am reminded of that which brings a comfort and a thought: Do I truly and honestly love God?  
Do You?




My prayer is that someday not only will I, but my children, family and friends will also be able to answer with a resounding YES!



No comments: