04 August 2008

FPU Picnic




The little man can get ahead! I feel like the little engine that could.  Everyday whenever something happens that negatively impacts our finances I start to doubt our plans and our goals.  I keep telling myself that the little man can get ahead; with enough control, and a lot of faith in God I know that we will persevere. I have learned so much from our FPU class that I just wanted to share with you how incredibly blessed we are by God. He has given us everything that we hold dear, and he will help us to manage it all well. We are learning to be good stewards and it is quite the adventure. 

Please feel free to join us.  To celebrate the conclusion of our first FPU class held at EWBC we had a BBQ at the Cates' home. We all had a most wonderful time; here are some of the pictures of us and our fellow classmates celebrating our financial peace!



To say that the Cates' horses were a huge crowd pleaser would be an understatement. Everyone of the ladies and some gents too wanted to be around these gentle giants.



You couldn't have gotten Betsy off of a horse if you wanted to; I think she partially regretted riding so long the next day and the next and the next...




While some ladies and children enjoyed the horses, the men stayed busy by playing some good old fashioned volleyball.



John and Steve did more than just smile at this picnic, but alas I don't have any pictures to prove it.



Don't they look happy?!

You too could be a part of all of this fun; join us for the next FPU class and we will end with a big celebration much like this one. Although, I am not too sure how you would feel about playing volleyball in November.  But hey we can always have a hunting party or something.

2 comments:

Josie said...

Yay! Lori! Keep on truckin'. Or should I say Exploding? What a great post remembering a great class, and a great picinic. Aren't you glad I took ALL those pictures - wink. But seriously - congrats on your intensity of sticking with lessons we learned, and thanks for helping me with my budget last night. God is good. Everyone should take FPU, especially for the last lesson! Let's keep that gazelle intensity going. CHEETAH!!

Grace to You said...

They look very peaceful. :)