22 April 2008

The Progression of Spring


Three short weeks ago when I was looking out of our living room window at the 3 ft of snow still on the ground I could not imagine how it could all disappear in a timely fashion. I had horrible thoughts of a three month mud season because all of this snow that I loved getting was going to melt and drain right into my driveway and walkway. God had other plans, something that I am very thankful for. These past few weeks have been like watching a rapid progression from Winter to Spring. It is amazing to see the snow disappear so fast, and the ground melt so fast that mud season was short and really not all that muddy. I must say that so far this year; Winter has been one of the best Winters we have had in a long time, and the Spring season is following suit.



The snow was still on the majority of our yard and all through the woods when we whipped out the stroller just 10 days ago to go for our first walk. You don't see it in this picture, because this is the one place in our yard where everything melts fast from the most exposure to the sun.



This little lilac bush was saved from my parents' house last year. It may be tiny, but right now it is covered in the greenest little buds. I am looking forward to the day when it is 4 feet high as opposed to 4 inches. This picture was taken the day that the snow finally melted enough to reveal the bush beneath.



Finally, as you can see the snow is mostly gone from the woods and our yard is completely showing, enough so that I have raked the entire lawn these past few days. Now we are ready for green grass, and planting our garden. Hopefully Summer will be as incredible as Winter and Spring have been.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You're right Lori! It was a great winter and looks like it will be a great spring too!