12 March 2012

Educational Progress

Schooling boys is a challenge.  Hopefully it proves to be a challenge that I am up to.  Last week when Tyler was working from home he came into the school room and documented some of what we were doing.  It was a productive day, and although it was only 1 of many, I confess that we also have many, what seems to be, unproductive days when it comes to book work. 






I have a friend that is amazing at schooling her son.  An unproductive day to her is probably comparable to our productive days.  She writes lesson plans on the weekend for their schooling.  Seriously,  I am in awe of her devotion to educating her little man.  She is someone to look up to and learn from.  So much of what we do is planned in a general sense, but not strategically. Confession:  I don't write lesson plans, ever.

1 comment:

Grace to You said...

I hope it's not presumptuous of me to think I might be that amazing woman you mentioned in your post. :D I only think so because you mentioned doing lesson plans on the weekend, and I just wrote about that last night.

And I'm only commenting to tell you that I just started writing lesson plans two weeks ago! :) And I'm only doing that in hopes that our school day might be shortened! :)

But I have to tell you, being prepared for this week's school has made me a lot more enthusiastic about it. If that's the only advantage, it's still a big one. I just wish it hadn't taken all weekend to get prepared. But I'm hoping that will go quicker as I get more used to it.

Besides, whatever I do, multiply it by five and see how easy it would be. You are five times better at everything than me. :)