26 October 2011

"Can I Paint?"



The cry of the day was... "Can I paint?"  So, attempting to be a good mom and not say no again.  I cleared the room of everything, even the floor was just plywood.  I thought, "there is nothing in this room they can mess up."  Then... I let them paint. 


this outlet looks a lot better than the other 2 painted ones.  I actually kind of think we should now do them all like this.  Doesn't the outlet man look surprised!?

It was a stressful, hectic, kind of day, but the room got painted;  along with 3 of the 4 outlets, part of a window and heating unit, and even part of the bathroom wall (from cleaning up I guess?).  The next time "can I paint?" comes up, I think we will stick with paper, watercolors, and lots and lots of newspaper.



2 comments:

Jenna said...

Hahaha!!! You're such a fun mom!!

Amanda said...

Lori- you're so great! Your kids will be so much more skilled growing up because you cared more about teaching them, than about having a perfect house! You inspire me! : )