09 September 2011

Housebuilding: Week 16

This week concluded the inevitable "crunch week" to a close as we finished our preparations for insulation and sheetrock and got ready to watch the transformation.  We had lots of great help with this preparation.  My father came and helped our builder finish the last door and window; not to mention helping me with transforming the stairs.  John and Tyler were able to wrap up the electrical in time for Ty to take the big men camping. Even Caleb pitched in by helping me run those last couple of wires in that itty bitty crawl space.  


Can you see the difference a door makes?


The pocket door studs are in now, thanks to the help of my brother.


Tyler and Randy installed this ceiling in one Saturday morning.  Isn't it a beauty!


All wrapped up and ready for sheetrock.

2 comments:

Grace to You said...

It's so cool to know what I'm looking at now when I look at your pictures of the house! I loved seeing it last week...can't wait to see it with sheetrock!

Jenna said...

You are the woman Lori!!! Working hard on your house..running wires/building stairs while having a newborn!!!
house looks great!