02 June 2011

Housebuilding: Week 2


Thursday last week the walls were poured.  Here they are directly after with the forms still on them.

I have decided that in an attempt to be organized in my record keeping I am going to attempt to update my blog with one housebuilding post a week.  That isn't to say I won't have other posts in between about more important issues, but on every Thursday I will try to post the progress of our house for the past week.  That way you can all celebrate and watch our home being built with us. 



And here they are with the forms off headed into the long weekend.


What did Tyler and I do Memorial Day? We tarred half of the foundation in 86 degree weather and very bright sun.  It was glorious!


We finished the tarring on Tuesday, and on Wednesday our excavator extraordinaire did some backfilling and drainage to prepare the foundation for a nice floor.  Here it is Wednesday night eagerly awaiting the brand new smooth concrete floor to come on Thursday.

No comments: