08 February 2011

Truly a Maine Sport


Considering the amount of snow that Maine has the privilege of receiving every Winter Season it comes as no surprise that Skiing is a huge sport for Mainers of all ages.  I, myself, am not a big skier: preferring instead the quieter snowshoeing adventure or cross country ski journey.   My father, however, is a great skier, and as such has succeeded in introducing this fun and expensive sport to all of his grandchildren.  




 This past Saturday our entire family bundled up and met my father, mother, and sister's family at Black Mountain resort to watch Elijah, Josiah, Tony, and Alex ski with grandpa.  The boys did great, as usual, and had a wonderful time.  Andrew and Caleb enjoyed watching everyone and hanging out in the beautiful and bright Winter day on the mountain.  Overall, it was a great time with the family and almost makes me want to attempt downhill skiing one more time.  Then again, Black Mountain has some of the best cross-country trails and I would love to get my skis on those!


Antonio was a great help with the boys.  He continually gave up skiing time to take them up the hill.


Josiah may not be sturdy enough yet to ski without assistance, but he can sure stand!

2 comments:

Grace to You said...

That boy cracks me up! :) It will be fun to see what all he ends up doing.

Jenna said...

hahaha this is great! they look like they had fun!