16 August 2010

What God does with Broken Plans...


This year was going to be a big year.  Tyler and I were going to take Elijah up to the Allagash for his first river camping trip.  This was truly an exciting trip that both Eli and I were looking forward to.  Unfortunately,  our plans broke apart and we were not able to go.  The weekend of our trip was not a loss though.  We were still able to meet Kendra, and for the first 2 days, Ali, Josh, and my mom, were willing to take the little men as planned.  This gave Tyler and I the gift of spending some time with Eli, Eli, and nobody but Eli.  What a great couple of relaxing days we had with him.


I have found that each my children are amazing, especially when you receive the gift of one-on-one time.  We try to schedule time for this, but it doesn't always work out accordingly.  Eli is so funny, and he is now old enough to work alongside Tyler and I with a project or if we want to go for a walk.  We don't have to carry him either!!


I had such a great unique time, and I was reminded of one very important thing:  Having just one child all of the time would be very boring compared to having four.  So for now, I think that I shall stick with my four, and enjoy the occasional adventure with only one.

No comments: