23 December 2009

Tyler's Family Christmas Gift

Tyler had a very special gift for us this year...



Please meet: Nera Pantera Smith
(Italian for Black Panther Smith)




She is the most affectionate 4 month old kitten I have ever met. What a surprise it was for the boys to see a kitten in the box that Tyler brought home tonight.



I started this post an hour ago with thoughts of the perfect kitten for our family, and although this view has not changed it has been widened. Not only is Nera affectionate with the boys she also desires to have my attention post bedtime. If you know me at all, once the boys were in bed tonight I spent my normal 10 minute run by straightening up the house and prepping for the wrapping of Christmas gifts. Unfortunately, since I was the only one up, I was followed by Nera constantly. She even meowed at me when I ran downstairs twice! I really don't mind I think it is cute and makes me love her already, but I am not sure how Tyler will feel about her infatuation; he might just consider this gift a mistake.



Although I don't see how a kitten like this could possibly be a mistake. Unless of course she keeps trying to walk on my counter and table...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't wait to meet her tomorrow! ; )

Grace to You said...

She's GORGEOUS! Tyler did good!

Macey said...

Awww what a cute kitty! We have two cats at home and Ayden just loves them (they don't love him so much, but I think they will with time). Cats are such wonderful pets! Great Christmas present!