06 March 2009

Left Brain, Right Brain


Have you ever filled out a questionaire that reveals to you which side of the brain you are dominant in? I admit that I have not, but I know that I am a very logical and mathematical person which results in me being "left-brained". If you have done any of the readings on brains you find that the right side and the left side are very different from one another.  While one side is objective the other is subjective and so on. 




You can understand, then, how I would be slightly confused over Tyler's insistence that Elijah is very much like me.  Elijah seems to me to be a very right brained young man. He tends to see the whole picture, he is left- handed, and very artistic.  Like myself he loves to work with wood, but where I prefer the natural and simple look of wood, he desires to paint his project numerous bright colors. By the way, in case he hasn't told you, his favorite color is yellow. Yet in this right brained boy I see left brained characteristics emerge.  These traits are mostly his insistence on keeping things well ordered and logical. Which raises the question, is he "whole-brained"; or rather is he, in fact, "right-brained" and the so called "left" characteristics are environmental.  





Whether left or right, what truly matters in that he is learning to see himself as a follower of Jesus in this big and wonderful world.

No comments: