13 February 2008

Snowtime Fun on the Cross Hill




Growing up we went sledding at this hill across the street that we called the cross hill. This name comes from the fact that at some point a church put a cross on top of the hill for their Easter services. Years later, even though they no longer did Easter service on the hill, the cross was still there. Now, the cross is gone, and everytime that I see the hill I think of the missing cross. Needless to say that even though the cross has left, the name has stuck. It is still called the cross hill by our family and even others in the neighborhood. For this hill was well known as the best spot to go sledding, snowboarding, or skiing. Enthusiasts beware though because the hill is steep and it is a hard climb to the top.



This past weekend Tyler and I took Elijah and Josiah to the cross hill. Now given they are sort of small to be climbing this hill, so we pulled them in the sleds. Overall, I think that they enjoyed it.


My dad pulled Elijah in the toboggan up the hill, but don't worry, dad got him back. He put Eli in the front going down so that Eli blocked the snow from getting into dad's face.




My dad with his two sons... They made Chris go in the front because he is the shortest. Unfortunately Chris knows how to duck, so dad wore his snow mask to protect his face from the oncoming snow. The things we wear in the winter to keep warm...
This picture makes me laugh, They look like grown men in real life, but then you take them sliding.

Until next time, I hope that you enjoy the snow that we have gotten in the past week. If you need someone to go sledding with, give me a call, and I will take you to the cross hill.

No comments: