26 November 2007

Boys, Boys and More Boys...



Are we at war or what? There are a lot of wars abrewing: The battle I fight everyday with myself is not pretty, somedays I feel like I am at war with my children, and I am constantly engaged in battle with the dog( I love run-on sentences, atleast that is what my English teachers always said). This is a crazy world that God made, but I love it. Actually, the war that I was originally referring to was the Iraqi war, and no it wasn't so that I could bash Bush (I would like to see you do a better job).

It was because between my sister and I, we have 6 children, and every last one of them is a boy through and through. For the sanity of my mother God did grant my older brother a girl, but all of the other grandchildren are rambunctious, jump on your back, poke you in the eye boys. I love having boys, I would much rather spend everyday playing trains, and digging in the sand over pretending that my doll is crying.

So what does all of this manhood have to do with us being at war? I have no idea, except that everyone says that when we are at war then we have more boys to repopulate the male presence in the States. I am here to tell you that although that may be true, it doesn't change the fact that Amy and I spend our days outnumbered. So here is to you mothers that have boys, I know how hard it is. Just how do you keep your feminitity when you are surrounded by all of that testosterone? Just keep on trucking, and praying that someday you may have a girl. According to my mom between Amy and I we are bound to have a girl someday, and I doubt that it will be dependent on the war in Irag.

For all of you math majors, only five of the six boys mentioned are pictured above.
from L-R: Andrew-7 months, Alexander-2.5 yrs, Elijah-3.5 yrs, Josiah-2yrs, and Alan-2 months.
Antonio was being a good student, he is 9 yrs old.

Don't let Josiah's curls fool you, he is ALL boy. I have since cut them off, oh how I miss them already!

2 comments:

Josie said...

However did we become such great friends. Never have two peas in a pod been so different. As you can obviously tell between our two blogs. I have gnomes, and you have adorable boys and wars in Iraq. Speaking of blogs I have restarted my, by the way, and where are you? Are you reading it? How am I to know? Ah, well, as the French say "c'est la vie".

Anonymous said...

Now it's my turn. Please Newton update your blog I'm getting bored. Tell Josiah I will see him next week. Wink wink, nudge nudge.