11 October 2007

The Boys are Getting Big




I just thought that I would leave an update of pics on how big the boys are getting. This is mainly for those of you who are out of Maine. If you are in Maine and looking at these pics and thinking "wow! I have missed them growing up!" Then shame on you! Get over here and visit us, it isn't like you can use the excuse that we weren't home, we are always here due to a lack of car.
Anyway, you know that when you have your first child everybody and their neighbor tells you that they grow so big and theirs' is 11 years old, or 18, or 24, or whatever and how they would just like one day left of them as a baby, and yada yada yada. You know, when I had Eli I thought yes they are right, but time didn't go by that fast, they exagerate a lot.
Now that we have three boys and Eli is over 3 years old and Andrew, little Andrew the baby just born yesterday is now more than 6 months, well, let me just say I can sympathize with those people. Because they are right, the years do go by fast, and my kids are only toddlers, I cannot even imagine looking at them when they are teens or going to college.
Anyway, this is my entry to tell you to enjoy every minute of your children. Don't look at them as babies and long for the days of building forts, and playing baseball, and don't look at them as teens and long to hold them like babies. You would miss their entire lives if you were always wishing for a different age so enjoy your children as they are today. Okay, that is my preachy paragraph on how fast time flies, even when your baby still wakes up at night and seems to cry forever it will pass. Pretty soon that same fussy baby will be a whining 3 year old so don't get stressed just enjoy it. You know what's funny is everyone reading this who is way past the toddler phase cannot help but wish that their kids would still grab their leg and whine for some pie.
Hug your child today everyone, and come visit us and see just how big the boys really are getting.

pics: top-bottom, Andrew, Elijah and Josiah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori,

Hope I am leaving a comment - I've never done this before :-) I miss you a ton and think about you and the boys every day. I would love to go for a walk in the woods sometime. Maybe we could go to Bradbury Mountain :-) There isn't really much new with me - my life is boring but someday it will get interesting hehe. Well, I love you girl and miss you a ton. Can't wait to talk to you!!

Love always,
Laura

Anonymous said...

hey there i'm bringing my butterball to see you next week. thanks, apple pie sounds wonderful. and whoopie pies...oh, you're too kind!

see you soon. love my nephews, by the way...even the one who looks just like ben! ♥!

Newton said...

So.. How are you doing on losing your pregnancy weight?