05 January 2014

Traditions gone AWOL


Our Christmas Card Photo

In years past I have taken advantage of a good sunny warm autumn morning to: cancel school, yell dressing choices to my children, and rambunctiously require them to march outside.  Eli and Siah are old enough to know what is going on when I yell upstairs "Grab a white (or collared or etc.) shirt, either a vest, suspenders or tie, blue jeans, work boots, and march outside now!  No School!!"

Yes, it is portrait day.  The day in which I attempt to get a group shot of all of the 5 boys (that ends up on the Christmas card) and also an individual candid shot of each of them.  Some years are better than others, but I am usually somewhat successful.


What I have noticed about this tradition is that while the photo shoot still happens other parts of the tradition get lost in the hustle.  Last year, the Christmas card never got sent or created.  I was okay with that.  This year, the card was sent, but I never posted most of the awesome pics from the shoot on the blog.  

So, as someone who doesn't want to lose this tradition, I am going to post all 867 pictures now.  Okay, maybe just a few...












1 comment:

Carolyn T. said...

Love the pictures! They really capture the joy of their age.