03 December 2013

Christmas Season

I am bound and determined to make Christmas relaxing and fun this year.  On the plans we have many crafts and lots of reading.  I love to read, and it is quickly becoming contagious.  To my delight, even Tyler has taken up reading.  He has been reading books on timber framing, history, and books out loud to the boys.  The boys next read with dad is Hatchet, but first every Advent Sunday we read a stave of the Christmas Carol.


Besides lots of reading for Christmas, we are also sending out christmas cards, and made an advent calendar using origami envelopes that Eli and I folded.  



Snow has started here in Maine and because of my determination to have a relaxing Christmas my boys were able to play outside in it, even during school time.  They were building snow men while I milked the goats the other morning, then after school they spent 3 plus hours turning the snowmen into a bonafide snow fort.  I even took Eli and Drew on in a snowball fight, and won!  

I am determined to look forward to the Christmas Season this year, and I hope that yours is even more relaxing than mine.

No comments: