28 September 2012

Religion & Politics: part 1

It has been a long time since I have posted anything offensive.  Which, by the way,  leads me to remember that I was told this week that as Americans we have the right to offend others, but not the right to not be offended.  So here is me exercising my right.  Unless of course you read this with an open heart and see that I am writing from my heart.  Truly, I struggle with this topic.  I desire so much for others to see this simple fact:  That God loved us while we were sinners and sent His son (Jesus) to die for our sins so that we may have life and have it abundantly!   This reality brings tears of thankfulness to my eyes for myself and my children,  and tears of sadness for all of the people that refuse to acknowledge their need.   So without further ado, I give you my thoughts:


I am sick and tired of being labeled as hateful because of being a Christian.  I read over and over how those who oppose sin are hateful towards the sinners.  Yet, I have not found one example where a Christian was arrested for a hate crime.  Mind you, plenty of non-Christians have been arrested for hate crimes.  Christians make great scapegoats as we believe in showing love to others.  We are told by Jesus to overcome evil with good, and that God alone is good.  So we try, not always successfully, to love our neighbors.  Don’t label me as hateful because I think that a murderer should not kill, and that a liar should be told not to lie, and a man should be told that homosexual acts are wrong.  God judges ALL sin.  If I hate my neighbor then I am guilty, but I know to repent and turn to Jesus and ask for forgiveness.  

If God judges all sin.  Then it is in our best interest to repent of our sin and ask for His forgiveness.  If our neighbor is engaging in sin whether it be murder, lying, stealing, or homosexual acts then the best thing that we can do for them, as a human, is tell them what they must do to receive forgiveness and escape the wrath of God and the torment of hell.  You might say that me pointing out someone’s need for forgiveness is hate speech, but how can me trying to help my neighbor escape the wrath of God be hateful to them?  The worst thing I can do is let them think that they will not be judged for their sins by the all powerful God.  That is truly hateful.  

How are they to know that they need forgiveness if we don’t tell them, and how are they to know to repent and ask for forgiveness if they don’t know that their actions are sinful?  

God gives to all freely who come to Him to ask and ask with a pure heart.  Is your heart pure?  How are you to know if your heart is pure if you don’t know what isn’t?  

No comments: