14 December 2010

Smith Basement Makeover!

After 2 months, we have finally completed the basement renovations.  When I say completed, I really mean the two rooms are ready to be lived in!  Aside from the few odd and ends to completely finish this project we now have a completely new basement.  The "dungeon" now contains a large "neutral zone" (game room), and 2 small dorm like bedrooms that the boys each share.  Even though Caleb is but 2 I love the way that this situation looks like a College dorm, though it is cleaner!


The "little" boys: Andrew & Caleb have a soft floor, bunk bed, and 2 very bright windows.  This room gets the most light in the morning.  It is probably the best basement bedroom I have ever seen.


The big boys only have 1 window, but it faces South and brings in some of the greatest afternoon light.  They love having a spot where they can save their toys from the others. 


Eli & Si also get the area under the stairs.  The ingenuity of Tyler was great as he constructed a door that connects the big and small boys' rooms from under the stairs.  For a while, the boys made every visitor go through the tunnel!

3 comments:

Grace to You said...

This is the most awesome set of boys' rooms I've ever seen - LOVE the tunnel! :D

See you Friday!!

Jenna said...

I love this!

smileykayla03 said...

The rooms look great!! I can't wait to see you all on Friday!!!