06 January 2009

When You're Smiling...



What is the definition of a happy baby?  I would say that Caleb is the very definition.  For some reason I cannot remember what the overall temperament was for Eli, Siah, and Drew. I look at Caleb and I think that he must be the happiest baby that I have ever seen, but honestly I don't know. I am convinced that it is for this very reason that I keep what is called a baby book for each of my children. I know that through the business of life I will forget the seemingly little and insignificant changes in my children. So I write them down.  



I suppose that I am going to need to go back and read about the other three Smith boys before I can fully determine if Caleb is the happiest. Not that it is important who was the happiest at 2 months. I am just struck with how much we can and will forget in such a short amount of time. I am so very thankful that we have things like books to write memories in and cameras to take photos with so that 20 years down the line I can see and read about the everyday life that I had with my four little boys. 



"Mr. Happy Go Lucky"

Boys are such an incredible blessing.  I do not know what our family would be like if we had a daughter to add to the mix, but I know what it is like with all boys and I wouldn't trade that for the world.  If you would like some insight let me share this story from yesterday: Elijah and I saw some turkeys out back behind our house. This is a completely normal occurrence around here, yet Elijah was just as excited as if this was the first sighting of these ever growing fowl.  He turned to me and said "lets get the gun and shoot one for dinner". Now how many girls do you know would say that? Well, besides me of course.  


2 comments:

Grace to You said...

I know two girls who would say that...and they're 5 year old twins. :) They like to go hunting with their dad, so they can "kill us some turkeys." Tracy thinks they'll make fine wives for two young men some day. :D

Amanda said...

You're so funny! Caleb certainly is "Mr. Happy-go-lucky." Such a sweet little guy! You are the perfect mother for four little boys. And I'm thankful for your photographs that will preserve memories for years to come!
PS- great song!! : )